Thursday 3 July 2008

Crabs




I don't have much time to write this morning as we've got an early start ahead of a(nother) very busy day. It's the last day of our holiday, which is sad, but I'm also excited to be going home because I miss my teddies and my friends and my school and my grandparents. But as a special treat we're going back to Disney today, so we've got to drive back to Orlando this morning.

Yesterday, we were supposed to go to the beach, but there were some scary black clouds over the sea so we thought we'd better do an indoor activity while the storm passed. So we went to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, which is home to a famous dolphin called Winter, who lost her tail in a crab trap when she was a baby. We watched a film about how they made her an artificial tale, and we saw her with her trainer, and lots of other dolphins and turtles too. Daddy was very interested to see the dolphin show but Max and I got a bit bored after a few minutes. My favourite bit was the gift shop.

In the afternoon, we did finally make it to the beach for one last time, where I had lots of fun tipping daddy off the lilo into the sea, and we built sandcastles and tunnels in the sand.

In the evening, we had our last Florida dinner at Crabby Bill's. I ordered the Popcorn Shrimp because mummy told me that I had loved it when we came here when I was little, but I obviously didn't have very good taste in food back then, because I didn't think much of the shrimp this time. Never mind - the chips were nice, and so was Max's hamburglar. And he seemed to like the shrimp, so it all worked out in the end.

This will be my last post from Florida, but I'll fill you in on all the details of Hollywood Studios and our journey home when we're back in England.

No comments: