Tuesday 1 July 2008

Busch Gardens







Today we went to Busch Gardens. We started our day with a train ride around the park and we spotted giraffes, zebras (or zeebras as the Americans call them), rhinos, hippos and ostriches.

Daddy was very excited, but I was a bit safaried out. It takes more than big game to thrill me now, so daddy decided that it was time for me to try a real, upside down, rollercoaster with him. I was very excited by this idea, but just as we got to the front of the queue the ride closed because there was a storm on the way.

We didn’t really know what to do as it was beginning to rain and all the rides had closed because of the lightening. To escape the bad weather we went into the 4D Pirates show, but we had to wait 40 minutes for it to start – luckily mummy managed to find a seat for us all to share so it wasn’t too bad.

The show was pretty scary – Max spent most of it hiding behind daddy and crying – and we got wetter than we would have done outside as we kept getting squirted with water. I wasn’t too keen on that bit either, so I was pleased to see the weather was better once we got out and we could go and try out the Scorpion rollercoaster at last.

Daddy and I joined the queue, while mummy and Maxy went to play on the baby rides. I think Max got the best deal – he had about 15 rides on the train and motorbike rides, while I waited with daddy – and I didn’t like the rollercoaster after all. It hurt me when I went upside down, and to be honest I don’t think I was really a big enough boy to enjoy it.

Never mind – I cheered myself up by having a go on the train and motorbikes with Max, which was great fun, though daddy was a bit annoyed that we had wasted so much of the day waiting for a ride I didn’t even like.

After an hour of watching Max and then me on the train and motorbike rides mummy said she’d had enough, so we moved on to the Land of the Dragons. Mummy and daddy said I had loved it when I came here as a baby and it’s just as good now I am 4.

We played in the water, on the climbing frame, bouncy castle and then had loads of goes on all the rides. Mummy took us on the egg wheel, which made her a bit weepy as it reminded her of when she took me on it when I was baby and Maxy was just a bump.

We both had a go on a mini water ride, we also shared a racing car, went on flying dragons and boats. Mummy and daddy had a hard job tearing us away when the park was about to close.

For tea we had chips (naturally) and the most enormous slice of chocolate cake I have ever seen. Max and I did a good job trying to finish it, but even with a bit of help from mummy and daddy we were defeated and half of it ended up in the bin.

On the way home I went straight to sleep, but Max managed to stay awake for the whole drive. Daddy was particularly pleased about this as it meant he could spend most of the drive asking ‘Where is the hotel?’ and ‘Are we at the hotel yet?’

A lazy day tomorrow, before our last taste of Disney before we fly home so we can tell you all about our holiday in person. Get ready for the epic video – daddy has hardly put the camera down…

1 comment:

rhiannon said...

Looks like the chief pilot and the co-pilot had a great time on those rides. Glad to see the chief pilot was flying a plane with RAF markings - we'll have to tell the museum all about it next time we go!
Enjoy your last day and hurry up back please. We are so looking forward to seeing you on Monday. xxx ningning