Saturday 9 April 2011

Disney World at last


Yesterday we went to the Magic Kingdom, and I have just about recovered enough now to tell you about it. It was really great and I specifically liked a ride called Splash Mountain. I liked it so much I did it twice! The first time I went with mummy and Max but Max was really scared and cried for most of it. The second time I went with daddy, and he really liked it too.


We did so much that I'm struggling to think of everything. We started off trying to find rides that the twins would enjoy, so we did the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, which they really loved, and then the Winnie the Pooh ride (which was my idea.) We were going to go on It's a Small World, but we didn't and I can't remember why. Then daddy went to get Fast Passes for Pirates of the Caribbean while mummy took Max and me to the Haunted Mansion. Daddy discovered that they don't do Fast Passes for Pirates so instead he got them for Splash Mountain. After that we had to keep walking backwards and forwards all the way across the park to get to the rides we wanted to go on.


At the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, they put Max and me up on the big screen, which was really funny and we felt a bit famous. We also did Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, and then after lunch we went back to finally go on Pirates of the Caribbean, which we call Pirates of the Caribeanan because Max used to call it that when he was little. The twins were really brave on the ride because it was quite dark and a bit scary. We also went on the Jungle Cruise and we were just about to leave when we saw that the queue for Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride was quite short, so we did that too, and I had the control which made us go up and down, and Max had the control to make us fly.



At the end of the day, we went to the big Disney shop on Main Street and bought some toys. I got some little collectible figures, Max got a cuddly Hamm from Toy Story that he calls Dr Porkchop, and the twins got little Mickey Mouses. When we got back to the apartment we went for a swim to cool down, then mummy and daddy got some of their favourite colourful drinks from the bar and Max and I got milkshakes.

It was a very busy day and we were exhausted by the end of it but we all had a lot of fun anyway.

Today we've been taking it a bit easier. We went for a walk around our hotel resort this morning, then went for another big swim. Then we came back to the apartment to have a nice big sleep (Max and I slept in mummy and daddy's bed) so that we've got plenty of energy for an exciting night out tonight. I'm writing this blog now while Max and the twins are still asleep - they've been asleep for over three hours now!

Tomorrow is a REALLY big day, because we're going to Harry Potter World. I'm SOOOO excited.

Oh, and did I mention the giant waterslide?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi boys

I just want to let you know I'm keeping up with your fun. Be brave, Maxie. It's too much fun to cry.

Kisses to you all
G&G