Friday 8 April 2011

When do we start having fun?

It's Friday morning, and I have to admit that I'm not sure about this whole holiday business yet. We spent all of Wednesday getting here, and all of yesterday shopping. I thought this holiday was supposed to be about the kids having fun.

OK well maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. We have done some fun stuff. We found a playground near our villa which is cool. We had really nice pancakes for breakfast in Denny's, and there was a man in there making balloon animals. I got a dragonfly which was huge. The other boys got smaller animals which weren't as exciting. Then we went to the shop called M&Ms world and bought loads of M&Ms and some toys. Then in the evening when the twins went to sleep, daddy took Max and me to the pool and I spent ages diving and snorkeling.




I suppose when you think about it like that, we actually had a pretty fun day yesterday. But that's not my point. We haven't been to a theme park yet, and that's not fair. Well we've been awake since 5 o'clock this morning - daddy said something about so much for being over the jetlag - and now we're just waiting for Disney World to open so we can finally go and have some serious fun.

The journey over here on Wednesday was pretty boring. We spent a very long time standing in queues at airports, and a very long time on aeroplanes. Fortunately for mummy and daddy my brothers and I were all angels all day long. They don't know how lucky they are. I watched Gulliver's Travels three times and bits of Monsters Inc over and over again too. I also read my book, and had a little sleep, and looked at the clouds out the window, but it was a very very very very long day.



Daddy seems to have made a sport out of complaining about things. First we had to take the hire car back to the airport 5 minutes after we picked it up on Wednesday night, because it kept juddering. He complained to the hotel because he found a bit of broken glass in the kitchen. And he complained to the restaurant last night because it took them so long to make his pizza. But he seems to quite enjoy it because he keeps getting money off things, and we even got a gift basket delivered to our room from the hotel manager, which I thought was really cool because it was full of sweets.

Anyway, I've got to go now. I've got an important meeting with Mr M Mouse.

No comments: