Friday 27 June 2008

Animal Kingdom






Sorry I haven’t been keeping up with my blog, but we have moved hotels and have to pay for the internet now, so I have been a bit out of touch.

Anyway, I am sure you are all wondering what we have been up to, so I will start with our day at Animal Kingdom. I was very excited to go back to this park as I had been looking forward to doing the Kali River Rapids water ride with mummy, ever since we got soaked on it last year.

But we started the day by getting a Fast Pass for the Safari ride, and while we were waiting we did the Pangani Forest walking safari. I was an excellent guide, pointing out all the birds from the bird spotting map. Maxy and mummy loved the fishes, though mummy didn’t get quite as excited as she did when she spotted a fish in Dollis Brook.

The gorillas were great and reminded us a lot of daddy – apparently they sleep for about 20 hours a day, which daddy said he wished he could do – particularly after pushing us around a park all day.

The Safari ride was loads of fun – we saw giraffes, elephants, hippos and lions, so it was just like your safari trip grandma and grandpa! There was one bit where we went over a really bumpy bridge and Max thought that was really funny, though we both got a bit upset when they said there were poachers about. Max kept asking ‘Where are the poachers?’ until mummy told him they were in prison.

After the safari we went to get our Fast Passes for the water ride – at last. And guess what? Maxy was big enough to come too. He got a special wrist band to show he was tall enough and he was really excited to be doing a proper grown up ride with everyone else.

Mummy was clever this year as she wore her poncho to stop herself from getting so wet, though right at the beginning of the ride a whole load of water fell on our heads, so she got pretty wet anyway. Daddy thought that was very funny.

The ride was just as much fun as I remembered and Max enjoyed it too. He did get a bit scared when we went down the waterfall bit, but he had a good giggle as we bobbed about in the rapids afterwards.

Even though mummy did get a bit wet, Max and I thought we really hadn’t got soaked enough, so we decided to fix this by playing in the water fountains outside the ride. Max had fun playing with a little boy who was squirting all the passersby with a water jet, while I dunked my head in and out of the water bubble.

By the end of our water play mummy and daddy had to take off all our clothes – thank goodness mummy had remembered a towel and spare clothes or we’d have had to do the rest of the park naked!

Mind you, we almost got soaked again as while daddy and I were doing a really scary Dinosaur ride (well daddy said it was scary, but I kept my eyes closed the whole way round, so I really couldn’t tell you anything about it), it started to pour with rain again.

Mummy and daddy decided it was time to go and splashed back to the car with us tucked in safe and dry under out rain covers.

That might sound like enough activity for one day, but not for us Hirschkorns. In the evening we went out to Downtown Disney. We had dinner in a nice Cuban restaurant, where once again mummy and daddy tried out lots of colourful drinks. The high point was when Max spotted a frog on the window. We also got to play the bongo drums outside the restaurant.

After dinner we walked all the way to the Marketplace and spent LOTS of money in the Disney store. We got a T-shirt and two presents each, which I would call a pretty satisfactory evening out.

We eventually got to bed around midnight, though it was clearly all too much for poor Max who fell out of bed twice that night.

Tomorrow we move to the seaside for our second holiday – I can’t wait, though I will miss Mickey.

No comments: