Tuesday 24 June 2008

Revisiting the Magic Kingdom






After yesterday's washout, we decided to try a new strategy - rest in the morning and then go to Disney after the afternoon's thunderstorm. We had a quiet morning with breakfast in the apartment, and eventually made it to the swimming pool about 11 o'clock. I did my usual trick of throwing things into the water for daddy to dive down and pick up, and discovered that I can jump in while only holding on to my noodle with one hand.

We had lunch at the poolside restaurant - mummy said it was a momentous occasion because it was the first time I've had anything other than pizza since we've been here. Then we came back to the apartment for a nap. Max saw a lizard running across the patio and pointed out "You can't eat lizards. Well, gunk could eat lizards because he eats snails."

The thunderstorm never came, but anyway, after we'd all had a rest, it was time to go back to the Magic Kindgom - we had unfinished business to do. Mummy has now decided that we're only allowed to do Disney parks at night, because they're quieter, the queues are shorter and it's not so hot. We thought we'd only stay a few hours but we actually stayed until the park closed at midnight, and even then mummy and daddy had a hard time dragging Max and me away.

The first ride we went on was called Pirates of the Caribbean (Max thought it was called Pirates of the Caribeenan, which mummy and daddy thought was very cute). There was a pirate who daddy kept saying was called Captain Jack Sparrow, but we knew it was really Captain Patch.

Then I went on Splash Mountain with mummy, although I didn't like the big hill, but I did like the bit with characters. Then we went to the Haunted House, but Max started crying when we went inside so mummy had to take him out so I had to go with just daddy. I didn't think it was very scary but it was funny, especially the bit where you look in the mirror and there's a ghost sitting next to you.

We saw the fireworks display, which was good but not as good as Alexandra Palace, because they had too many noisy ones at the end. We also saw the night time parade, which mummy really liked because there were lots of bright lights and sparkly things. And we did lots of other rides. My favourite was the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, and Max was very excited to go on the Winnie The Pooh ride. When we came out of that we found the Winnie the Pooh playground, and because it was so late at night, we were the only children in the entire playground. We could have stayed for hours, but mummy and daddy said we had to go home. We didn't get back to the apartment until after 1 in the morning.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope you are enjoying my birthday. If you can rouse your mum thank her for my e card. Personally i will be celebrating with lizard pie so think of me growing older and older. Lots of sunny weather here and in the republic of Finchley. You are clearly having the time of your lives. What are you going to do when you get back I know, if you are over the age of 4 nearly 5 sleep but as for the rest of us , I include myself among the honorable company Jacob & Max et cie a major Lizard hunt is called for first thing...agreed

G&G said...

Hello Jacob and Max

What fun it looks staying up so late and watching all the fireworks and the night parade. Hope Jacob and Max think of their old G&G sometimes. Miss you lots.

rhiannon said...

That water ride looks GREAT! And Jacob and Max you look so sweet sleeping in the same bed. Maybe you can do that next time you come to stay with us.
Looking forward to lots of lovely times with you when you come back - I still have the free entries for clowntown.
Lots of loveto you both and to Mummy and daddy xxxx ningning