Wednesday 25 June 2008

Aquatica





Yesterday was a quiet day. We spent most of the day at mummy's favourite theme park - the shopping mall. I told mummy that I could put up with her going shopping because she puts up with me going to the Disney parks, which I thought was very kind of me. The best bit about the mall was the Mrs Field's cookie shop, where I got a cookie with the Pirates of the Caribbean logo in icing on the top. But other than that, there isn't much to say about yesterday.

Today was more like it. We were supposed to get out early this morning, but I was REALLY tired and didn't wake until after 10 o'clock this morning. After a home-baked breakfast (well actually ready-to-bake cinnamon rolls out of a tube) we went to Aquatica, which is the newest water park in Florida - it's only been open a few months.

When we got there it was REALLY hot, but they had a great kids area called Kookaburra Cove with shooting things and water slides and fountains and things. Then we went on the lazy river, which isn't so lazy because it goes very fast and you have to wear a life jacket. Max was a bit nervous at first, but after a while he let daddy let go of him so he could float by himself. There was another lazy river, which was slower and you had to go in a big inflatable tube for two - of course I went with mummy - and you go past some dolphins and fish. We also went in the wave pool which was really good fun, and I kept wanting to go deeper and deeper.

While we were eating lunch, we could see the black clouds coming in, and just as we finished eating the rain started. At first it wasn't too bad, but after a while it turned into the most enormous storm, and daddy said it was the heaviest rain he'd ever seen. We had to shelter in the restaurant area for about 45 minutes waiting for the storm to pass, during which time Max cried for the whole time, and I kept telling daddy I was having the worst day of my life. It really was quite scary.

By the time the storm passed, most of the people in the park had given up and gone home, but we stayed and it was really great going on all the slides and stuff without any queues or crowds. I decided it wasn't the worst day of my life after all. We found a water playground with great slides which I liked going on all by myself, and I really didn't want to leave. But eventually both Max's and my lips had gone blue and mummy decided it was time to go. Daddy did one of the really big slides on the way back to our chairs - he said it was really fast, so I think I might have been a bit scared to go on it.

We were going to go out for dinner, but Max was fast asleep by the time we got home, so we just had a sandwich in the apartment. Now I've got to go and recharge my batteries as it's another Disney day tomorrow.

3 comments:

rhiannon said...

Wow! you are having an adventurous time - mighty rushing water on earth and in the sky. Good that you braved the storm and enjoyed the waterpark afterwards. Poor little Maxlet -give him a big kiss from his ningning. Well done Jacob - glad your Brussels experience did not put you off wave pools. Lots of love and enjoy Disney-xxxningning

Unknown said...

Gosh you seem to have bad luck with the weather I dare not say what it is like here. Still we don't have a lazy river just a lazy gunk...
Holidaying in the rain...... thats what is known as being British....
Sounds like your still running the show jacob blue lips and all....but don't forget the co-pilot!

G&G said...

Well, sounds like a pretty cool worst day of your life to me. Tell Daddy he was the WORST child in shopping malls. He said he was allergic to them! Your mummy must be really special to be able to make that allergy go away. Keep up the fun. Love G&G xxx