Saturday 21 June 2008

Epcot




Today we finally made it to a Disney park and about time too. Max and I were very excited to see Mickey and Minnie Mouse and Goofy at the entrance of the park.

When we got to the park mummy rushed me off to another place she seemed particularly keen to see – the restrooms. I really don't understand it, when there are characters and rides all around, why does she keep wanting to go shopping and to the restroom? I just don't understand grownups.

Fortunately, dad understands a bit more about how Disney parks work and rushed us off to do the first (and best) ride of the day. Spaceship Earth. You travel all the way up inside a big metal globe and see loads of stuff about the history of people. It was really great and as soon as we got off, I wanted to do it again. Mummy says when we come back to see the fireworks we can go again – I can't wait.

The other ride that Max and I liked best was the Imagination ride with Figment. Max was a bit scared and had to hide behind mummy, and when it squirted skunk smells it was yucky, but again once it was over I wanted to do it again – and again.

When mummy and daddy asked which rides I liked best I had a think and decided that really the only answer was 'all of them'. Max agreed, but said he liked meeting the characters too. He said Mickey showed a real interest in his new toy robot, and I was really excited that he signed my autograph book along with Goofy, Minnie, Pluto and Chip n' Dale (though it's hard to tell those last two apart).

I am glad daddy was clever enough to remember to pack both our pushchairs. There's really only one way to get around, and that's on wheels – in fact Max and I had a good sleep in the middle of the day. I think mummy and daddy might have to hire those motorised scooters for the next park though, as by the time we got home neither of them would stop moaning about how tired they were and how much their feet hurt.

Today we are going to spend some of the day swimming and some of the day bouncing!

P.S. I like reading your comments here, so please keep commenting...

1 comment:

G&G said...

Love keeping up with your blog every day, Jacob. Make sure you send all the news. Lots of love and kisses. G&G xxxx